Biodynamic fascia treatments for Long Covid, ME, chronic pain, trauma from injury and loss
Support Movement Structure
My heartfelt thanks go out to all of you, this year has seen some incredible changes and challenges, the trauma and shock of life during lockdown has become very evident as I have been working with clients suffering with Long Covid, ME, chronic pain and trauma from injury and loss. Clients and I have seen incredible life changing results.
Read on as to the how and why you should invest in yourself today and book some sessions.
Biodynamic fascia treatment is essential to our on-going resilience in the days ahead. As life is evermore challenging and changing.
Chronic disease, inflammation and pain are the body’s warning systems that something is out of balance the symptoms you may experience are:-
- Muscle ache
- Shortness of breath
- Inability to concentrate
- Heart palpitations
The reason this happens is the brain stems response via neuroception registered from the Golgi receptors in our fascia (connective tissue) to our surroundings, thought patterns, CO2 and viruses/ bacteria to name a few.
Our brain stem registers our safety we are either Safe or Not there is no in between, the body is programmed for survival. When we encounter unknown, unpredictable, unfamiliar situations like the covid pandemic, in order to keep us safe the brain sends messages to the body to slow down until it perceives we are safe again. Lack of safety results in the body experiencing the above symptoms.
These symptoms can continue until we interrupt these signals.
- Working with the fascia, breath, movement and thought patterns brings this interrupt because fascia is 10 times more sensitive than muscle fibres
- Superficial fascia is densely populated with pain sensitive nociceptors and free nerve endings so when safetouch is transmitted via the skin the brain sends signals that you are Safe and the brain and body calms bringing sleep, clarity and focus.
- The fascia in the neck triangle is directly connected to the Dura Matter (a lining) in the brain. When the diaphragm is not moving freely as a result of the shock pattern the shoulders, and neck area get stiff because of lack of movement and increased CO2 in the body as a result of shallow breathing. Working with breath and diaphragm release interrupts this pattern brining fresh oxygen to the fascia greater flexibility, deeper breathing and peace.
- The fascia on the top of the head transmits mechanical stress from the rest of the body with prolonged strain the fascia becomes harder and thicker and stiffer. Fascia stretching and release is another interrupt and reverses the effects bringing smoothness of movement, resilience and freedom of pain.
- The fascia system always wants to work the most efficiently and easiest way. If the body perceives what you are doing is hard the symptoms become worse because the brain registers it as unsafe and wants to get back into balance. True wellness in body, mind and emotions is SAFE and EASY. Working with the fascia brings you into awareness of when this is not the case and I will give you simple tools to bring an interrupt and reset that you can use at home at work, with the children, with anyone and anywhere.
I hope you have enjoyed this short dive into the life giving fascia system and look forward to hearing from you soon.
You can call, text or email for an initial consultation or advice
07960 255 831
Hope is learning to live
Yours in health