Guidelines for hands on treatment
March 3rd 2021
In preparation for resuming hands on treatments here are the guidelines in accordance with the Complementary Therapists Association and CNHC.
There will be some changes in the process both before and during each session, to help ensure both yours and my safety.
- If you are a first-time client, your pre-session consultation will now take place via the phone or video-conferencing – rather than face to face and a consultation form will need to be completed and emailed to me prior to the visit.
- If you are an existing client there will be a 30 minute update consultation – to see how you have been since pre lockdown and whether you have any Covid-19 issues. Also, via phone or video conferencing.
- There will also be a consent form to complete regarding exposure to Covid-19. Please complete and sign this form and email back to me prior to your hands on appointment. If you are considered a high-risk client, it may not be possible to massage you at this time.
- All consultation & consent documents can be signed & emailed beforehand to prevent sharing pens.
- Once the sessions time and date has been agreed payment ideally should be made prior to the appointment via Direct Transfer to avoid touching money or cheques, the cost for the hour and a half session is £47.
- Consultation and Covid 19 declaration forms can be found here
Before your Session
- Please check your temperature, and consider if you are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms. If yes to any of those questions, please contact me by phone to postpone your appointment. There will not be a cancellation charge for this.
- Please shower and wear clean clothes and avoid going anywhere like shopping or cafes prior to the appointment.
- Please arrive at your scheduled time.
- Please also bring your own water – so we do not use any glassware.
- Please wear your own mask. If you forget I will have masks to purchase.
- Please only bring essential items like keys, phone into the treatment room.
At the Session
- Please wear easy to remove clothes. You will be given a container in which to put them when you undress. Please avoid wearing jewellery as this makes the process simpler.
- When you arrive, I will take and record your temperature and check again if you are experiencing any symptoms. You will be required to take off your shoes, sanitise your hands – and walk into the practice room without touching anything.
- I will be covering any soft furnishings with couch roll.
- The massage table will have been thoroughly disinfected. The linens are all clean.
- I will be using personal protective equipment – until the requirement relaxes. I will wear gloves, a mask and a visor. Being massaged in gloves is not unpleasant – you will barely feel it. (This information is likely to change, as the situation regarding use of PPE is fluid).
- The massage will continue as per usual, though I would recommend not chatting to avoid droplet formation.
- Facials massage will not be possible at this moment but may change in time.
- When the massage is over, please leave all the linens, towels, on the table. Put your clothes back on and exit again without touching anything. You may also wish to use the bathroom and wash your hands.
- There will be an approximate 30-minute gap between clients, to enable disinfection of the practice space, therapy table and equipment, hallways and bathrooms etc.with enough time to dry and take effect.