Guidelines for post Coronavirus lockdown
June 23rd 2020
In preparation for resuming face-to-face treatments here are the guidelines in accordance with the Complementary Therapists Association
There will be some changes in the process both before and during each session, to help ensure both yours and my safety.
- If you are a first-time client, your pre-session consultation will now take place via the phone or video-conferencing – rather than face to face and a consultation form emailed for completion prior to the visit.
- If you are an existing client there will be a short update consultation – to see how you have been since pre lockdown and whether you have any Covid-19 issues. Also, via phone or video conferencing.
- There will also be a consent form to complete regarding exposure to Covid-19. If you are considered a high-risk client, it may not be possible to massage you at this time.
- All consultation & consent documents can be signed & emailed beforehand.
- Once the session time and date has been agreed payment ideally should be made prior to the appointment via Direct Transfer to avoid touching money or cheques.
Before your Session
- Please check your temperature, and consider if you are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms. If yes to any of those questions, please postpone or cancel your appointment.
- Please shower and wear clean clothes and avoid going anywhere like shopping prior to the appointment.
- Please also bring your own water – so we do not use any glassware.
- Please wear your own mask.
At the Session
- Please wear easy to remove clothes. You will be given a container in which to put them when you undress. Please avoid wearing jewellery as this makes the process simpler.
- When you arrive, you will be required to take off your shoes, wash your hands (drying them with paper towels) – and walk into the practice room without touching anything.
- I will be covering any soft furnishings with couch roll.
- The massage table will have been thoroughly disinfected. The linens are all clean.
- I will be using personal protective equipment – until the requirement relaxes. I will wear gloves, and a mask. Being massaged in gloves is not unpleasant – you will barely feel it. (This information is likely to change, as the situation regarding use of PPE is fluid).
- The massage will continue as per usual, though would recommend not chatting to avoid droplet formation.
- Facials massage will not be possible at this moment but may change in time.
- When the massage is over, please leave all the linens, towels, on the table. Put your clothes back on and exit again without touching anything. You may also wish to use the bathroom and wash your hands before you put your shoes back on.
- There will be an approximate 30-minute gap between clients, to enable disinfection of the practice space, therapy table and equipment, hallways and bathrooms etc.with enough time to dry and take effect.